Saturday, June 11, 2011

And it penetrated my soul... for eternity.


My travels in the Middle East and especially living in Jerusalem was a time in my life that marked a turning point. It pushed me into an uncharted sphere of living that led to self discovery and wonderment. Now as I move on an undeniable pain of separation has set in, and a question. How can I live in such a way that I truly won't look back with regret? I don’t yet have the answer. Opportunities come and go; people come and go… such beautiful people. I was surrounded by professors who truly cared for each student, no matter how scholastically remarkable, and peers who sought for so much more than the mediocre. The experience was too extensive in its scope of influence to be captured in just a few words... To put it as concisely and simply as possible, it was a combination of people and cultures, lessons and moments of illumination, inspiration, new flavors and melodies, prayers from all religions, development of friendships, and so many other little things brought together in one collective equation that came to equal one of the most sacred and life changing experiences of my twenty years of living.


No comments:

Post a Comment